Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flood Insurance Deductible Renting And House Got Flooded, Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?

Renting and house got flooded, does homeowners insurance cover? - flood insurance deductible

I rented a house and while I was at work, the hose was broke the washer and the house completely flooded. The house is bad enough, but none of my business is in ruins. I wonder whether I am in no way responsible for any damage. From what I understand, is the tenant insurance for my business and homeowners insurance should cover any damage to the house. My landlord keeps asking if I insuranece tenants, and I wanted to, but that only refers to my stuff, eh? Therefore, it does not matter if I do or not, for services to fix the health insurance holders. And she said the owners of insurance has a deductible of € 1.000,00. Am I responsible for that?

1 comment:

  1. The landlord provides the structure, but unless your lease to the contrary are, to the internal and personal content with renters insurance. Otherwise, you can not justify the means, unless the landlord if the washer, dryer, in which case the liability would fall back to them, unless the lease otherwise.

    Frankly, if the computer that caused the damage, it is your responsibility to resolve. Read your lease and call your insurance agent.

    ReplyDelete